Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hunk Alert: Alexander Pope


SWM, Poet, small but with chiseled good-looks seeking a woman of wit for some lively, intelligent conversation
Likes: Homer, Shakespeare, sardonic commentary

Unlike my fellow countrymen, you will not find me arguing in issues of religion or politics. I like my battlefield to be society's funny ways, and my weapon of choice is my quill. I am the typical writer-type who is often seen buried between books more than women. Actually, I fear I spend most of my time bs-ing with my closest buddies, John Gay, Joseph Addison, Jonathon Swift, and John Arbuthnot. We all have like minds, you know.

I am looking for a Catholic lady of taste who enjoys entertaining at home and who knows when to give me space when I'm translating ancient works, such as The Iliad, into English. Must love the works of The Bard as well.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, he's actually better looking than I had always thought. For some reason, I always imagined he looked more troll-like. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might just be a complimenting portrait, but it worked for me! The others, of course were done in the height of his celebrity when he looks like a crabby old man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! Apparently you know me better than I know myself. I am kind of creeped out by your uncanny ability in movie-still recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It comes with the job. (of being a fanatic researcher and friend-of-Heather)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did anyone ever read The Scandal of the Season? He was one of the main characters...I thought it was an exceptionally good novel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! He *does* look like Adrien Brody! xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elyse! I feel like I haven't seen you on here in forever...not to get even more distracted on this post than I already am!

    ReplyDelete