Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Book List

My Christmas list always consists of books, clothes, books, beauty products, and books. Before it's too late to add to your list, here are my books of 2009 recommendations for you!




The Lady in Red
Review
One of the best biographies I've had the joy to review at the Gossip Guide.

Wedlock
Review
Mary Eleanor Bowes' story is truly jaw-dropping.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies -- Deluxe Edition
Review (Regular Edition)
I was lucky enough to get my hands on this heirloom edition which had a great foreword and afterword, fabulous illustrations, and of course, 30% more zombie mayhem!

Yorkshire Molly
Review
I tend to avoid historic fiction, but this book absolutely blew my mind, it is not to be missed!

Behind Closed Doors
Review to Come Soon
I am in the middle of this book right now but am loving it! A perfect book for your Christmas list.

9 comments:

  1. Quick heads-up - "Foreword and afterword" is what you mean.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the catch, Mary! I should be more careful about proofing late in the night when stomach aches are afoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're not well. I hope it's nothing serious.

    Did you see the new London House edition of Lady Susan over at Jane Austen Today? You have to take a look at how beautifully it's presented. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no just a weird late night thing, no doubt from eating too much junk food at the bar I was out. I won't go as far as blaming the bubblegum martini I had though!

    Is that the one made up of letters? Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the middle of Wedlock - an amazing book! Utterly gripping, shocking and full of scandal. Just how I like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lordy! A bubblegum martini sounds like a culprit to me. It's the kind of drink that you have to stick with. No mixing it with lemon drops, Manhattans or mudslides. Bad news. Was it served with a gumball instead of an olive? Sorry to topic-wander, but I adore cocktails.

    Yes, that's the Lady Susan. So exquisite. I'm afraid to look at the price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nightingale, you said it, sister! Such a great story.

    @Polonaise, You got it! It had some Bazooka Joe on the side. That drink went down like water. But I won't put any blame on it since the pains didn't come until much afterward. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete