Monday, December 22, 2008

Biography Updates

Some quick tart biography updates! Hallie Rubenhold wrote to tell me that Americans will have to wait until May in order to get their copy of Lady Worsley's Whim which will be published under the title of The Lady in Red. Ooo how do you like the feisty new title?

Another book Mythosidhe pointed out that I am extremely excited about is Wedlock: The True Story of the Disastrous Marriage and Remarkable Divorce of Mary Eleanor Bowes, Countess of Strathmore. If you recall, Mary is one of my favourite tarts because of her outrageous story. I cannot wait until I get my hands on this one, I hope it is just as entertaining as Mary.

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait, so I ordered Lady W from the UK. Free shipping too! It arrived yesterday, but I still have to finish City of Laughter first. That one will take a while. I'll add Wedlock to my rapidly expanding list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that I can wait until May either. I'm going to either order it now or wait until I'm in London in March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be in London in March too! I have a huge shopping list already (and an additional suitcase)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat, I was wondering what happened to Lady Worsley's after the release date passed on Amazon and it still wasn't available for order. At least now I know what to look for. I for one probably will wait for the US edition, if only because I have so very, very many books on hand already waiting to be read...

    Oh, I must give you belated thanks for the rec. on Doomed Queens; I saw the preorder months and months ago, and was very excited since I've loved Kris Waldherr's illustrations for ages; but once it was added to my cavernous Amazon wishlist I promptly forgot all about it. After seeing your review I grabbed the first copy I could find :D

    Oh! About that painting I posted the other day--I found it in someone's MySpace profile, of all places! The person who put it up has no information listed for it whatsoever, and although I sent her a private message asking about it, so far I haven't received a reply. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you liked it and Whim is definitely worth the wait! I've been wondering about that painting ever since you posted it.

    ReplyDelete