Wednesday, December 24, 2008

More 18th Century Humour

I know a lot of people have had to listen to me talk about Georgiana...while drunk. Total strangers, guys I'm hitting on, friends, family, you name it, they've been there. Who knows if that makes her history more entertaining or less. Well, some geniuses must have friends like me because they have videotaped "historians" giving history lessons while severely intoxicated. Then they have some amazing comedians act out the stories. Lauren's amazing sleuthing skills found them on youtube and they will have you laughing. They feature such stars as my longtime love, Jack Black as well as Michael Cera, and Clark from Clark and Michael to name a few. Here are some of my Drunk History favs:

Vol 2 and 2.5 featuring Jack Black as Ben Franklin




Vol 3 (this is probably how my stories go)


Vol 1, The epic duel

4 comments:

  1. OMG, this is absolutely the most brilliant thing I have ever watched in the history of the world. I love how the actors act out the hiccups and the slurs and missaid words.

    That is probably going to be me someday, except I'll be going on about clothes and saying things like "noyoudon't understand how stupid menintheRestoration looked, you TOTALLY don't understand". I look forward to it.

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad you appreciate it as much as me! I had tears in my eyes watching some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! And when Michael Cera pulled out the cell phone I was laughing so hard I actually knocked my laptop off my lap.

    I definitely went and posted all of them in my livejournal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious!! Laughing so hard my stomach hurt! George Hamilton, no Alexander Hamilton-too funny!!! I do this all the time with my poor friends (and other unfortunates who happen to be around) who have to listen to me go on and on about my favorite historical topics! Thank God no one has ever recorded me! Thank you so much for sharing this and for your wonderful blog that keeps me entertained! :)

    ReplyDelete