Friday, December 5, 2008

The Duchess Comes to DVD

You thought I was done complaining about The Duchess, didn't you? Well another enigma has sprung up which I need to share. As I was musing through Factual Imagining today I discovered that The Duchess is to be released on DVD on 27 December- two days after Christmas. I was shocked that it was coming out so soon, and what an awful time to be released: after the Christmas rush. So as I was musing through pre-order goodness to find the best deals for those who are interested (see below) and I find that it won't be available on DVD in the UK until March!! I'm assuming this is because it's still being released in theaters in Europe at the same time, but yikes! That's a big gap! Either way, here are the best deals I found:

Amazon $17, save 43%
Amazon UK £13, save 35%
Best Buy $20

Oh and on a(nother) sardonic note, I did not find the movie to be nearly "fiesty, cool, and scandalous" as the real duchess. How did someone even get that impression? Okay, I've said my piece.

7 comments:

  1. yeah, you are right, i did't find it "fiesty, cool, and scandalous"
    :P
    but...i have a question....why bess is not in the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you beat me to it, I was just about to post this on LJ! And I also was going to comment about Bess not appearing on the cover. Clearly they're trying to re-brand the dramatic pitch of the film :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't seen this movie, but I'm sure I'll buy it just for the costumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, I also had to mention that dominic cooper looks a little...mentally challenged on the cover. Something is just strange about his expression and position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Said your piece? Now don't make rash promises! (Trust me on that one.)

    The film will also be released on Blu-Ray for the snazzier amongst us, but I'm sure it will be quite a bit more that $17.

    There'd better be costume bonus features, is all I have to say. My favorite gowns weren't on the film website. Humpf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so slow to get to the theaters that I actually looked for show times for The Duchess last week. No go, too late! I did find the DVD release date on Netflix, and have it queued up for a New Years Night viewing. Thanks for the purchase info too.

    Cheers, Laurel Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful news! I was prepared to wait and wait and wait for a copy of the movie! Now I can have it in time for my New Years Eve fav movies bash!!!!

    ReplyDelete