Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On the Eighth Day of Christmas Liz Armistead Gave to Me...

Eight lovers in the wings...

Well, I'm sure most of these tarts have a few lovers in the wings, but Elizabeth Armistead had some of the most famous. Not only did she hook up with Charles James Fox (and later marry him) but she also fooled around with the likes of the Earl of Derby, Lord John Cavendish, and the Prince of Wales. But then again, who hadn't fooled around with them. Once, when Cavendish was coming over to enjoy her many talents he barged into her room only to find the Prince hiding behind the door. That Liz was a popular girl!

10 comments:

  1. A married tart could never be received into polite society, so perhaps she was better off when she was just a tart?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feathers behind the ornament. It adds a touch of the "Peek a Boo" seduction of Tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the feathers on the ornament too!!! it looks lovely!
    that incident of the prince of wales hiding behind the door is holarious, she was a popular girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, i love those feathers. you have done a great job with these. i'm getting a real kick out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the feathers...haha, just kidding. They really are cute. I think this is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peg- I think being a tart was the way to go for Liz! Which is probably why her marriage to Fox was secret for so long!

    Vickie- I like the way you think! Nice interpretation.

    And yes, I had to incorporate feathers, especially since they're such a big part of Georgiana's story...whether she liked it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the feathers!

    I'm not sure, but when the Duke of Dorset seduced the Countess of Derby, wasn't Liz his mistress at the time? I remember Derby took his revenge on Dorset by stealing Dorset's mistress, but I can't remember if said mistress with Mrs. A or not....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll always have a fondness for a lady who manages to hunt down a Fox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting Lady. And I love the feathers.

    ReplyDelete