Monday, January 6, 2014

Belle, the story of Dido Belle Lindsay

Many of you may recognize this famous portrait once thought to be by Zoffany of the cousins and bffs, Dido Belle and Elizabeth Lindsay -


The portrait (or rather the individuals in it) have inspired a new movie, Belle, which is due out in the Spring and Summer.  Mark your calendars!  As many historical movies about women tend to do, Belle will focus on romance (and race) in the life of Dido Lindsay but it also looks like it will follow her interesting role in the family.  Check out the trailer here:

I must say this looks promising!  The costumes and hair look like they may also pass the test.  I'll be keeping my out for this film.

8 comments:

  1. Me too, I am looking forward to this movie. Happy New Year, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I saw the trailer and was thinking "I know her! It's Dido!" heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a biography or history of her? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    She IS a familiar face but I don't know of anything written on her. I was talking about this at lunch with a friend and we both checked her wikipedia entry which seems slightly more detailed (at your discretion, of course) than it was last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, thanks

    SRI ANNAPOORNESHAWARI ASTROLOGY CENTER.Best Astrologer In KR Puram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post thanks for sharing the post. Your blogs are admirable and full of knowledge
    For astorlogy service contact
    Genuine Tantrik in Karnataka

    ReplyDelete