Monday, December 1, 2008

The Twelve Tarts of Christmas!

Now that it is December the holiday onslaught is unavoidable. So Lauren and I thought we would add to the mess by celebrating here on the Gossip Guides in our own special way.

I am so grateful for the many warm responses you've s
ent me by email and and in comments. I am not sure exactly how many regulars come to the site but your support means everything to me and I only wish I could give you all gifts! Since I can't actually do that I would like to present you with the idea of The Twelve Tarts of Christmas.

Your favourite tarts will be making appearances between now and Christmas to bring you holiday joy and fabulous tidings. Leave a comment on the post with your favorite tart(s) and you'll enter to win that tart's ornament, made by yours truly. The ornaments are nothing special, but if one takes your fancy, by all means leave a comment! You can comment on any tart's post up until a few days after the twelfth tart is presented and then I will put a post with all the winners' names. Happy Holidays!
Each heart tart is a different as the tart it displays. The girls are framed in pearlescent champagne borders and each ornament contains genuine swarovski crystals.

15 comments:

  1. That picture doesn't do the ornaments justice. I've seen them in person, people. They are glamorous and worth the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, great minds think alike. Laurel and I are about to showcase the 12 gifts of Christmas on the Jane Austen Today site - but since our offerings are different, I doubt our readers will get confused.

    It's been a pleasure visiting your blog this year. Keep up the fabulous work. Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, that's so funny! I can't wait to see what you two Janites have planned! Thanks, Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started following your blog just over the weekend. I have been following Lauren's since October. I love both of them. The blogs are so informative and wonderful looking. I am reading Amanda Forman's book about the Duchess right now. Then I will watch the movie.

    Though I am having a problem getting a feed from your blog. But I deal by going through Lauren's blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vickie!

    Sorry about the problems with the feed, I'm no wiz with that sort of thing so I'm afraid I may not be much help :o| Have you tried using a different feed viewer? I use google and that seems to work for me. Sorry for not being much help I'll see if I can figure anything out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, does one of the ornaments have a picture hat decorated with acutal feathers? xD That's pretty dang creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. way too fun and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I had a wave of crafty creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Heather, you surprise me every time with a new idea.
    i think is will be fabulous, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stroke of genius! As well as delightful. I'm looking forward to seeing my favorite tarts make encore appearances. Thank you!

    My only question is...will you continue to post new weekly tarts while you do the 12? What can I say? I need my fix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I see Grace Elliott peeping out from behind one of the ornaments. I hope so! She's my favorite...I'm currently reading Jo Manning's book "My Lady Scandalous" (that I discovered through this blog!) and absolutely LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. JULIAMARIE, Isn't that an engrossing book? I kept reading and reading. I just loved it. Have you seen the movie based on her life and experiences in France?

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOOD EYES! A true fan, I see! I am SO happy you love that book, it really makes you fall in love with Grace and has so many juicy tidbits to read along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Polonaise, I absolutely love it! I've not yet seen the movie but will buy it and add it to my collection very soon...and yes, Heather, the book does make one fall in love with Grace!

    ReplyDelete