Monday, March 23, 2009

Hunk Alert: Henry Brougham


SWM, Statesmen/Chancellor/Engineer, Clean, neat appearance that every male of the regency should have. Looking for intelligent woman of no ill-repute.

My interests encompass many enterprises. I mostly busy myself in meaningful politics, of which I am very passionate about. I am a firm believer in equality for both sexes and the abolition of the slave trade. You could say the main lady in my life right now is Caroline of Brunswick who I believe has been very illy treated by her husband; and who I have sworn to defend in court against the injuries set before her.

However, I am seeking more romantic intrigues, although not those of a courtesan. A simple woman who is open-minded and enjoys good conversation will do. Must be open to my spending of long hours at the office.


Many thanks to Anna who riskily suggested this gorgeous man despite his being more of a regency hunk than a Georgian. I told her, any pretty man-face from the long 18th century is welcomed on my blog!

7 comments:

  1. "...any pretty man-face from the long 18th century is welcomed on my blog!" Hahaha! The cats stare at me when I laugh so hard, but you'd think they'd be used to it by now.

    He's very handsome, I must say. Call me boring, but a guy with ideals is very attractive. Defending Caroline must have been an uphill task, poor man. (Though I agree that she was badly treated, I think she was also a real piece of work. She could even qualify as a tart of the week.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, duh. If I had clicked on the link you so considerately provided, I would have known that Caroline has already been a Tart. I guess it's time to reread past posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I must say reader Anna has very good taste in men. Plus, it must have been nice for Caroline to have some eye-candy on the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eye candy reminds me of a great license plate frame I saw at the Cafe Press Republic of Pemberley page: "I Brake for Breeches." I'll second that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! This guy's got it together...definitely a good catch in any century;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooove this guy...I made his acquaintance when I was researching the antislavery movement in Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Heather! Sorry I've been away this past week so I haven't been able to appreciate this post in all its hunkiness until now.

    And I agree with Polonaise, the fact that he was a man with ideals makes him that much more attractive!

    ReplyDelete