Monday, July 19, 2010

Three Graces Brings Authentic Georgian Jewelry to Your Fingers

I've been meaning to buy myself a ring lately, a single lady ring if you will. So naturally my search began in the totally unrealistic category for my price range and I wandered over to one of my old internet haunts The Three Graces.

This online jewelry site specializes in antique jewelry but saying it specializes in historical jewelry wouldn't be inaccurate. You can actually select which time period you would like your bauble to be from, starting with the Georgian age! And what a gorgeous collection they have, you will flit away the day scrolling through the wide variety of adornments they have up for sale.

As for that special ring, I now know which one to get:

8 comments:

  1. Wow, $3,950 for a ring. It is only worth it because it has an 18th century portrait in it. The portrait is really pretty. Gorgeous. I looked at the website and all the items were really pretty! I can't believe they had a ring from the 15th century. I think that was the century.
    Overall, it is pretty. Good luck with it!

    Another great 18th century themed shop, Heather! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to make to with a cheap costume jewellery ring and photoshop plus a printer... But I got a decent looking portrait ring for less than $10. The real stuff will come after that winning lottery ticket of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great site to wander through. Thanks. I'm kind of partial to the Georgian Diamond drop earrings myself. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fear with introducing this site I introduce a lot of heavy sighs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *love* the Three Graces site--it helps guide me as to what is appropriate for the time, and many times I have found resonable approximations at Antique stores and Macy's Jewerly rack. They had a diamond-encrusted button that had been set into a ring a few months back--it was so beautiful it didn't last long!

    Though I really, really, really want a repro of one of the hair rings--the lover's one. I just got married, and I think my blonde will look well woven with my husband's black hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be gorgeous!

    (here is the link to the hair ring

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha this is one of my favourite jewelery sites! My friend and I use it for inspiration, and plot to send the link our parent's way for our 21sts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's quite lovely. I have a costume piece that has a portrait from the Frick museum in it (the one of the lovely young lady in a blue dress, forgot the name at the moment). I wanted it, but my sister took it and then chucked it!!!! Luckily I rescued it but it still has eyeliner around the inside....ah well. That site is a gem! (no pun intended)

    ReplyDelete